The number of plants are depleting day by day. Due to different causes like nautral calamities, human encroachment, over use of chemicals and development activties number of plants are decreasing. Some of them are at the stage of extinction. Here are some nepal rare plants which are only in found Nepal and some of them are at extinction.
List of Nepal rare plants
- Golden Michelia: Its scientific name is Michelia champaca. It is called Champ in Nepali. It is one of the nepal rare plants. This tree is about 30 metres height. It is found at the altitude if 600 to 1500 metres of Nepal. It is used for medicine, perfume and religious purpose. It is protected in Bardiya national park.
- Spike Nard: Its scientific name is Nardostachys grandiflora. It is called Jatamasi in Nepali. It is found at the altitude of 3000 to 5000 metres. It is a small plant and leaves are heart shaped in structure. Its flower are pink and white. Its roots are used to produce oil for medical purposes like cholera, epilepsy, heart diseases and so on. They are also used for making incense stick and perfumes.
- Serpentina: Its scientific name is Rauwalfia serpentina. It is called sarpagandha in Nepali. It is a small plant about one metre height. It is found up to 1200 metres altitude. It produces white and red bunches of flower during summer. It is used to control blood pressure, for pain relief and getting sleep.
- Himalyan yew: Its scientific name is Taxus wallichianna. It is called Launth Salla in Nepali. It is one of the nepal rare plants found at the altitude of 1700 ti 3400 metres. It is tall tree of about eight meters height and has poisonous fruit. It contain the element to cure immature cancer. Its leaves are used for treatment of respiratory infection and other several diseases.
- Orhcid: Its scientific name is Dactylorhixa hatagirea. It is called Panchaunle in Nepali. It is a small nepal rare plants found at the altitude of 2300 to 3600 metres. It has roots like five fingers of our palm. It produces red colored flowers. Its root is energetic and used as medicine.
- Cordyceps: Its scientific name is cordyceps sinesis. It is called Yarsagumba in Nepali. It is very famous nepal rare plants. It is found in the alpine grassland, at an altitude of 3000 to 4200 metres. It is about 5 to 8 cm in length. It appears as an insect in winter and vegetation in rainy season.It gives energy if it is taken with milk and honey. It is used for treatement of heart diseases, mental diseases, used to increase sexual power and also used to incease the energy, It is nepal rare plants species and yields high economy.
read more article at www.readersnepal.com